August 22nd, 2018
AMA West Michigan Members & Friends,
Since April, our incredible board has been working hard planning a stellar season for our members as well as the greater West Michigan creative community, and we’re excited to share with you our goals for the 2018-19 season, or as we like to call it…
THE YEAR OF EXPERIENCE.
Our core focus this year is to create an unparalleled experience that empowers our members to be bold in their careers and achieve their professional goals, whatever those might be. Through our programming, thought leadership, and our strong network – we are dedicated to creating a place for West Michigan marketers to call home.
This year, with experience at the forefront, we’re focused on providing you with the following:
- Relevant, engaging, and forward-thinking educational programs
- An enhanced AMA experience that fosters community and creates a place to belong
- Additional member benefits and member-centered networking events
- New forms of thought leadership and educational content (hello podcast!)
- More volunteer opportunities for members to engage (new committee positions will be announced in September)
- A supportive, fun-loving, and diverse group of marketers – your AMA family
We know this isn’t an easy task and creating the Year of Experience will take a lot of hard work and dedication, but we’re ready to create something special. We have even created a new board position – VP of Experience – to ensure alignment and intentionality in our experience design.
As we embark on this exciting year, we look forward to kicking off our Year of Experience with a phenomenal group of experiential marketers at our season opener on September 11. Plus, we’ll be at a new venue this year – GVSU (Eberhard & Seidman Center) and yes, parking is free!
I look forward to hopefully seeing you all in September, but you can always reach out to me or any one of our board members at any time. We welcome feedback and always enjoy hearing from our AMAWM community! You can email me personally at firstname.lastname@example.org or find all our board contacts at amawestmichigan.org.
Cheers to you and the Year of Experience!
Meahgan M. Pear
President – AMA West Michigan